Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Well, tonight could be the night.  I just got a call from the transplant team to say that they have a liver for Bella, and it looks good so far.  Whew.  I am not panicking, yet, as I know that it could easily end up not happening.  This is the most promising call we've had yet, though, so we will see.  I am going to take a shower and get changed, and try to stay calm until I hear back from them.  Oh, I am going to probably call my husband, too.  The trick is to not make him panic too much before I know more, though I haven't got a clue how I am going to do that.  Maybe I can get Addie to slip him a few Xanax in his chardonnay (of course he is manly enough to drink chardonnay), and I won't have to tell him until the morning.  Or not.
So if you don't hear from me before tomorrow a.m., that is a good sign.  I will let everyone know if it is a no go.  Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer for Bella, and think really good thoughts. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Honey! We have all waited for this, and we all have one big collective knot in our stomachs with you. All the power of the universe is with Bella tonight, and our thoughts and prayers are with you and Stevie as well. We LOVE YOU! Just hang on-
    ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and positive thoughts for Bella from the Hunter family. We hope the liver is a go and that all goes well. We will be thinking of you all. xo
    Laurie & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have arrived, we pray, at Bella's Day. Her beauty and strength of yesterday and the 15 months before have been our gift and now it is her turn to be given a gift.

    Stevie is on his way to you and Bella. Steve is strong. Courtney, I love you, honor you and send you all the faith I can possibly receive this morning. Addie and Lily are in my arms, asleep. They love their Booty, Mommy and Daddy.

    When the going gets tough the tough get going. You have and will continue to be strong.

    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've praying all morning. Thinking positive. Sending healing thoughts. Love from the Comfort Zone.

    ReplyDelete