Good news tonight. Bella had a much much much better day today. Her doctors seem to have figured out her meds a bit better, and she was much happier all day. I was able to keep her awake for long chunks of the day, and we got her sitting up (with support) and playing a bit more with toys. She is able to bring her hands to midline now, and can reach things to her mouth. As she is still cutting her molars, getting things to her mouth to chew on them makes her happy.
We were also able to keep Bella off O2 for a good portion of the day. She still needs to wear a mask when she is sleeping, as she doesn't breathe deeply enough when she is sleeping, but we were able to take off the mask completely for most of the time that she was awake this afternoon. This thrilled Bella, as she thinks the O2 mask is her archenemy. She fights it in every way she knows how, from her hands to scrunching her face up. She was caught chewing on the bottom earlier when she was able to shift it a bit. She is bound and determined to destroy the evil mask.
The best news of all is that Bella's daddy arrived at about 7:00 tonight. He was our knight in shining armour. He cuddled and played with Bella, holding her for the first time in over two weeks, and then took me out to dinner. Yes, it was only 20 feet from the hospital, but it wasn't cafeteria food and I wasn't eating alone. It may have been the most appreciated dinner out I have ever had. That and it was delicious! Just having Steve here gives me the strength to know I/we can do this, and I feel so much better having him by my side. Katie is coming right after he leaves on Wednesday, so I know I have a solid week of support and company. As an individual who does not do well alone, this is huge.
Go to bed (or wake up, depending on when you read this) knowing that Bella is doing well. We are feeling like we are on the upswing again, and hope to be headed to the transplant floor tomorrow. She is proving, once again, just how strong she is, and we are so proud of her. We all know she will be tearing around before long, and I will be longing for the days of sedation!
Good morning all three of you! Stevie we miss you and you missed a great dinner but there will be more. Really! Last night Deni brought wood in and Terry fed the pigs 10lbs. of apple mush. Hmmmm, sounds like things are normal. We are reading the "Fighting-Quarelling Cure" chapter in Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and will complete it tonight. Our Addie and Lily are afraid to hear what cure Mrs. P. and Mimi propose. God we miss you, Courtney, and Bella. It was so good seeing you and Ms. B. on Skype and seeing those arms move for Patty-Cake. The girls have started packing for their return next week and Lily is practicing new songs. I love you all. Kisses to my Bella. Mom
ReplyDeleteSO GLAD to read this upbeat update!! So happy for you that Steve is there with you and Bella (I bet he is too!!) PLEASE tell him if he needs help with the move, I have a covered pickup (barndoor cap on a 6foot bed) and time on my hands, I would be more than happy to help!!
ReplyDeleteEmber
Good Morning! I was SO happy to arrive at work this morning to find good news and to hear you and Bella have your knight in shining armor
ReplyDeleteHugs and Kisses for the day!
Liza
Courtney, I put together an exercise program for Bella to start on Wednesday evening when I arrive. It involves military push-ups, and some of my old favorites from the "Buns of Steel" video. This will help get her back on her feet and storming around her room on the transplant floor in no time. Hope she's ready because I'm also bringing her a NJ-style, velour track suit to work-out in. Can't wait! Aunt Katie
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear that Bella is doing better. We knew she would! So glad that Steve is there with you. Bella and I have matching patterns on our stomach's! We will compare when she is older! Keep up your strength. Love, Aunt Denyse & gang
ReplyDeleteWe are so thrilled to hear things are progressing and there are a lot of exciting milestones. Keep the faith.
ReplyDeleteLove to all and we are thinking and praying for you all daily. Love, Aunt Jo, Uncle Kim, Sam and Chels