I am not sure if I have previously discussed Bella's bowel issues (she is going to kill me for this one day), but Bella had not pooped since her surgery...until 3 this morning. With the help of a few different meds, Little Miss Thing literally imploded. It took four of us to clean her up, and we went through a linen closet's worth of bedding. It actually gave new meaning to the word poop. Then, she did it again. All over her nurse! Then, at 8 am, she did it again. So, we are going to re-weigh Isabella to see if she dropped 30% of her body weight so she gets the right amount of meds. She is SOOOOO much happier already, and has big plans for the day, starting with holding up her head.
P.S. I briefly toyed with the idea of photographing the evidence and posting it on the blog. In the interest of having people continue to read the blog, I have nixed that plan.
Hi Boutin Family, All it took was a blog about poop and I finally write. We have been enjoying...well enjoying is not the correct word, but appreciating Bella and your struggle as it unfolds. Yes, "craptastic" is a word and you are an amazing mom who needs to get sleep so that you can be 100% for Bella. We are thinking of you and keeping Bella in our prayers every night. Mieneke
ReplyDeleteOh Honey- the celebrations on this journey! They are topped by none! We love you! Tou are the teacher........Do I thank you for sharing? Ironic that these things always come at 3 AM. Hope Katie was up to celebrate with you. This demands another night of Chinese take-out.
ReplyDeleteLove you-
ML