Thursday, October 14, 2010

Isabella continues to blow our minds with her strength, beauty and grace.  She is so peaceful, and looks so good.  One would never guess that she just went through a 12 hour surgery and has a shiny new liver.  Her doctors told us she is a bit puffy, but we reminded them that she is always a bit "puffy" (our nice word for chubba wubba).  They are going to check her ammonia level at midnight, and we can't wait to see the results.  We aer completely overwhelmed at the thought that our beautiful baby girl might be UCD-free right now.  No more buphenyl, no more metabolic formula.  We are trying to figure out what she might want to try first when she can eat solids.  Avery has voted for cheese, Lily thinks ice cream, and I think a big honkin' scoop of peanut butter.  Stevie, of course, has weighed in with filet mingon.  We'll jump that hurdle when we get to it...
My hour of sleep is starting to catch up with me as my adrenaline is wearing off, so I am going to be turning in momentarily.  I don't think I will even hear the beeping monitors at all tonight.  In fact, they are probably going to have to wake me occaisonally so my snoring won't drown out the alarms.  All I know is that I am within arms reach of my little angel, my husband will be sleeping yards away, and I will be holding Addie and Lily in my arms by this time tomorrow.  Life is officially good.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with Bella, she is amazing!!!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful,tough little nut Bella is.You would never know looking at the picture that she has just endured 12 hours of organ transplant surgery.She is so lucky to have such wonderful and loving and brave parents as you and Steve,Courtney.We are so proud of all of you and will continue to pray for good things and speedy recovery for our little Bella.We love you all.
    Aunt Jo and Uncle Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be the best nights sleep that you have had in a long time. Enjoy every minute of it. Bella looks simply amazing. Have a fabulous brithday weekend with your family. We are sending tons of hugs your way. Be on look out for a special delivery. The kids miss you tons and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to hear that the surgery went well. Mark and I will continue to pray that Bella accepts her new liver and recovers quickly from her surgery. It is amazing what science can do. I wish there was a way to fix our little girl's problems, too...maybe some day.

    All our best-- and we vote for ice cream as a first treat! :-)

    Love,
    Mark and Laurie Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such an angel, Courtney. We are so amazed by your posts, and so awed by Bella. We know you will treasure this weekend with Addie, Lily, and Steve! So glad they will be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep well! Hugs and love!!! ~Denette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney we are so happy for you all!!!! Happy early birthday, and what a fantastic gift to receive for Bella and for yourself. Please know that we are always thinking of you.
    Much Love,
    Lisa and Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little girl! Cal Bittner shared your prayer request and blog update with our church family (RGC) today. I was praying for Bella this afternoon and came to look for an update. Amazingly, I discovered through the pictures that I had "met" her a few weeks ago at my son's soccer game in Fairfax! She was so adorable, and came over to give me several hugs while I was sitting watching Joshua's game. Our youngest is a 15 month little girl, so she struck a cord with me as I saw her toddling around the sidelines. Needless to say, my husband and I will continue to lift your family up in prayer this week. Praise God for His kindness to your family today!
    Blessings,
    Mary-Margaret Larson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you hear the cheers from Colchester? Bella - you are truly an amazing little girl - Court and Steve - truly amazing parents! We admire all of your strength, courage and faith
    Enjoy today - it is a wonderful one!
    HUGS, KISSES, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
    The MacAuley Crew

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angels always sleep peacefully. Wishing restful days for all. Hugs....Aunt Jo & Uncle Kim

    ReplyDelete