Monday, November 22, 2010

We walked about 5 miles today.  Then the girls decided they wanted to run around, and weren't allowed to run around in the penthouse, so they decided to run up and down the stairs.  They ran from the 14th floor to the 6th floor and back.  Then they ran to the 5th floor and back up to the 14th floor.  Then Lily wanted to do "exercises" in the form of jumping jacks, push-ups and sit-ups.  Why is it that they whined constantly for 4.999 miles of our walk, but then had all of this extra energy to burn?  My legs are broken, my ankles hurt, I'm tired, I'm thirsty, I'm tired, can we take the bus?  That is all I heard.  Then, "we want to exercise!"  Ahh, daughters...
Anyway.  We had a wonderful day again today.  Addie and Lily got to go to the sibling center today while Bella had clinic.  Bella did great, but her LFT's won't stay on their downward trend.  They only went up a little bit, but we really wanted them to stay headed down.  Not worried yet, but she is going to have an ultrasound on Wednesday.  I am encouraged by the fact that they didn't want her to go in for an ultrasound today or tomorrow, and that she doesn't need to get new labs drawn until tomorrow, but I would have loved for her levels to be fantastic today.  I have a feeling that this lack of stability is not helping us get any closer to our goal of being home by Christmas.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that having her sisters here will help with the healing process.  She hasn't stopped laughing since they arrived yesterday, so I see that as a good sign. 
Mimi comes tomorrow, so the girls are very excited.  We are going to try to take them to the Science Center tomorrow.  I have been told that the kids will love it, and we got tickets from the Ronald McDonald House, so we are set to go.  We have to be back for Bella's OT appointment by 3, so we should have a pretty full day.  The girls are psyched because they get to go to the Sibling Center while Bella has OT.  I still think that is the only reason why they like coming down here, not to see their Mommy and sister.  Oh well, at least I get to play with them when they are not busy!

3 comments:

  1. 4am and I am sooooo excited thinking about getting on the plane tonight and arriving to sleep on that famous pullout couch at RMH with my girls. Lily, no snoring like a "Monster"! Tomorrow night we will have a real bed with Aunt Molly and all of my granddaughters will be snuggled with me/us. Yup, Ms. Bella, I am sneaking you out at least until your 10pm snack.

    Oh Court, I have packed my sneakers and have plans to run, run, run with Addie and Lily on Wednesday. They never whine with Mimi because we just talk, talk, talk. Can you imagine?

    Going to make the stuffing for the Wood Family dinner to be held here on Thursday. Word had it Jim was importing a woman to do the dinner but I will be damned. I'm a Conant (right Chris?, am not to be out done and I can get dinner, even from afar!

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are going well! I love the "let's exercise" from Lily...I can hear her saying that! Laughter is so the best medicine! It will help her heal, glad to hear that her sisters crack her up so much! Enjoy your time, say hi to all for me! Lots of love and hugs!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Holiday Courtney and crew!

    ReplyDelete