As much as I miss Addie and Lily, and as hard as we have tried to keep their lives as normal as possible over these past 8 weeks, I think that they are having a harder time with this chaos than I thought. Addie had a pretty big meltdown before school this morning, and had to miss some of the morning, and I think it had a lot to do with the emotions that she is experiencing as a result of my absence. Even Lily, who is outwardly so strong and unaffected, has moments when it is obvious that she is struggling, too. They are also so sensitive to those around them, and I know that they can sense Steve's stress and exhaustion, even though he puts on such a good face for them. Steve and the girls are coming down for Thanksgiving on Sunday, and we have decided that the girls will stay here with me for a second week. We have tried very hard to have them not miss much school this fall, but I think the benefits will outweigh the negatives at this point. For them to have a long stretch of time to be with me and Bella, and not have it feel like a whirlwind mini-vacation, is going to be good for all of us. I know that my older girls are just as strong and resilient as their baby sister, but I want to make sure that they are supported in every way possible. As much as the support and love that they are getting at home right now is amazing, sometimes little girls just need to be with their mommy. Personally, I can't wait to be with them, and the thought of having them all to myself after everyone else leaves after Thanksgiving is so exciting for me. I need them as much as they need me!
Bella's LFT's are starting to come down today, which is great. She also continues to be much happier and more engaged than she has been lately. She is currently laughing at the Ellen DeGeneres Show! I think Ellen is really funny, too! I have gotten more smiles and laughs out of Bella in the last 24 hours than we have in the past 10 days combined. She is also actually playing with her toys now, which is something she hasn't done at all lately. It is so good to see! Check out the video below to see her banging on her drum!
I am so happy that Addie and Lily get to be with there Mommy for almost 2 full weeks! Let's face it...no matter how old we get, we always need our mommies! And, mommies need their kids!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so proud of my Bella! She looks so great on the video. And I like her Steelers pj's.
Love you guys,
Aunt Katie
From the very first you went with your mommy instinct, and that is what you have to do now. You don't have to justify wanting to have the girls with you to anyone. Enjoy it and count down the days!
ReplyDeletelots and lots of love and hugs, Jensen
Cutest little drummer ever!
ReplyDeleteBig girls came home in good spirits. Great, calm afternoon. When I left them, they were watching Enchanted, a movie about all the Disney Princesses rolled up into one fun loving princess. Such a wonderful chick (and non-chick) flick. Addie and Lily were then going to receive some wonderful Mimi TLC.
I have to tell you, I can just feel the warmth when I walk into Fletcher Elementary. The Staff is so supportive. Your family is blessed to have them in your lives. All involved are doing their best to give your girls some extra special loving until they can be with their wonderful mommy.
On a more selfish note, I am counting down the days when I get to be in Pittsburgh with you and all three girls...I can't wait!
C U soon :D
Luv, Reney
Oh Bella you are going to be a rock star when you get older...I can tell! So glad to hear she is having better days. As for her sisters of course they are entitled to some emotional breakdowns and lets face it there is no one better than your mommy taking care of you. You are the world to those girls and when your gone they certainly know that there is an ache for you. So glad that you will have the two weeks...family comes first and school will be there when they get back! Keep the Faith...Becky
ReplyDeleteDo all children have that same freaking drum? Do all dogs bump into it just as the children are falling asleep?
ReplyDeleteGood morning Courtney and Miss Bella. And what a fine morning it will be, I can tell. We are both very happy that Miss Bella and Mommy are getting some time outside and have moved back to RMH. We had a fantastic time at the Calcutta on Friday night. The only thing missing from the highlights were the two of you, Mimi, Auntie Katie, Uncle Will and Auntie Molly. Mema B was the most amazing organizer and gracious hostess. She looked like she was enjoying all of her friends surrounding her and it shows how much the Essex and extended communities love....can I have a drumroll please..."Baby Bella". We miss you dearly and hope that you have a fun time at the Penguins game with Sid the Kid. BTW...it appears to me that Bella shows early signs of either a left or right handed jumpshot like her Aunt Katie. Love to all, Aunt Patti and Uncle Jay
ReplyDelete