My girls are here! It feels so good to have my family all under one roof again. The girls got here at about noon, in time to see Dad and Julie for about a half an hour before they had to head home. Speaking of which, I had a fabulous weekend with Dad and Julie. They spoiled me and Bella rotten, and I probably gained 10 pounds from their efforts. I did discover that Julie and I do have similar philosophies about food, though I might take it a bit more to the extreme. Anyone who eats chocolate before breakfast is golden in my book!
Back to the girls. I finally found a playground the other day while Bella and I were out walking, and we brought the girls there today. They had a blast, and Steve and I played more tag than we have in a long time. It was the most beautiful day we have had here in Pittsburgh in a while, so it was perfect for getting everyone outside. Bella has not stopped laughing since her sisters got here, seriously. Addie walked by us while I was getting ready to give Bella her bottle, and Bella squealed and laughed just because she saw her sister. The older girls were playing catch, and Bella was laughing so hard that she had to keep putting her head down on her arms because it was taking so much out of her. She loves them so much, and the older girls feel the same way about their baby sister. It is so nice that Bella has healed enough that they can hug her and play with her on this visit. They all miss each other so much, and it is wonderful to see them back together. I am pretty sure that Bella is going to be walking and talking by the time the girls head home in two weeks.
We have a busy week ahead of us. Bella has clinic tomorrow morning, and the girls will get to hang out in the sibling center while Steve and I are at clinic. I am glad that he will be here, as he will get updated and get to meet Bella's coordinator, Cheryl. Bella will be with her until Cheryl leaves this hospital, and she is going to be a very important figure in our lives. I think we will we will try to hit the Science Center on Tuesday. I got tickets from Child Life, and everyone says that the girls will have a blast. Then Mimi arrives Tuesday night, and the NJ clan arrives on Wednesday. Yipeee! I love company! Should be a bit of culture shock for me, but I will enjoy every minute of it.
I hope everyone has a great holiday week planned. Post a comment to let me know what you're up to!
Oh my Baby Girl! Can you imagine that there will be 8 Turpin, Conant, Boutin girls together in one bed on Wednesday night? Forget it Will and Steve, you will suffer as you walk to Butler Street and consume some PA dirty water beer waiting for us to stop laughing, cuddling and just being girls. And, by the way, girls spend money so you 2 had best leave us plenty. We like good food, pedicures and the best glass of Merlot going. Court knows where to find it all as J'eet owner and employees have taken care of her. Speaking of J'eet. Are they open Thanksgiving morning? Bringing Marc some Laughing Stock finest. Thinking of asking Marc if he needs a partner with no money but lots of experience, at least until Ms. Bella and Court head north. Ummmm what a thought.
ReplyDeleteOK, OK I cannot wait to be with my girls! All of them.
The NJ crew cannot wait to arrive in Pittsburgh! Avery cant stop repeating "old mcdonald, old mcdonald"...in anticipation of reuniting with the Ronald McDonald statue that sits outside of the RMH. In fact, anytime I mention "courtney" or "bella" we hear avery chanting "old mcdonald, old mcdonald."
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!
Aunt Katie
Hi Everybody-
ReplyDeleteWas just thinking about you and hoping the girls were safe and sound and all together. Great news! We will miss you at the Conant clan gathering at the farm on Thursday, but I am so happy you can all celebrate together. We all have so much to be thankful for in our family- most of all our Bella and her parent's courage. Let's try to skype late on Thursday afternoon when you are all together. An extra special hug to Katie and our newest on the way!
We love you- hug those girls tight.
ML
Dear Courtney, Steve and family,
ReplyDeleteYou have so much to be thankful for this year. It is an added blessing to us to know that Bella is doing so well and that you have had such wonderful support. Have a blessed holiday.
Love Aunt Brenda, Uncle Dae and family
Hey Courtney, Be on the lookout for a package from Eric, the girls and me. It may be a good one. So happy to hear you have the family with you! Huggs to all. Kenna
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely Thanksgiving for you all!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thanksgiving to all! I know it will be a non-traditional holiday and we are experiencing the same. We are having dinner at a friend's house with 2 other couples. Glad you will be with so many family members. We will be thinking of you. Love to all. Aunt Jo and Uncle Kim
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous Thanksgiving. Enjoy quality time with the fam. There are so many things to be thankful for this year. Wishing you the best.
ReplyDelete