Sunday, November 7, 2010

My girls have gone home, and I am kind of blue.  I tried to get out with Bella a bit this afternoon, but we didn't actuallly make it very far.  I did meet some nice families upstairs at dinner, but felt kind of stalker-ish quizzing everyone on why they were here and how long they'd been here.  Oh well, if nobody else is going to be chatty, I might as well be.  I guess that is one of the many personality traits I got from my mom!
We have Bella's first of many clinic visits tomorrow morning.  This will be our routine for the next several weeks.  We will go for labs first thing in the morning, then go to clinic to meet with the transplant doctors, nurses and coordinators.  We will do this every Monday and Thursday.  Bella has actually had a bit of a rough weekend, so I am glad we are going to be touching base with her doctors.  She is obviously not feeling herself.  I am not sure if it is the extended withdrawal from the narcotics, or if she is in pain.  We are also trying to determine how much of her discomfort is from her transplant, and how much is from the 6 teeth she is cutting, including 4 molars.  The poor kid can't win!  The good thing is that we are not panicked that it is a crisis, like we would have been about her ammonia levels pre-transplant. 
I am a bit nervous about the coming days, and trying to keep myself from getting into a funk.  The past weeks have been nonstop, but I feel like tomorrow begins a new chapter in our time here in Pittsburgh.  Now that the craziness of the days leading up to and immediately after the transplant is over, our days are going to be quite a bit slower.  Though it will be nice to be able to walk the city with Bella again, I think there will also be a lot more time to miss the girls, Steve and home.  Steve and the girls are not due to come back down until the Sunday before Thanksgiving, so there will be a lot of days to fill until then.  I am hoping that I can get a bit more comfortable with Bella's medication schedule, and that the two of us can get outside a lot more than we have lately.  I am in desperate need of exercise, and I know the fresh air will be good for Bella.  Hopefully the terrible weather that Pittsburgh tends to experience in the winter will hold off for a bit, otherwise I may have to put skis on the stroller!  Today is the last day of our sixth week in PA, and once again we are moving into the next stage of Isabella's journey...

3 comments:

  1. Take good care Courtney and Bella! You are all
    amazing. You are so right about being outside,
    fresh air and exercise to clear the head and heart!
    Wish we were closer..
    Have a good appt. today.
    We are getting sleet,snow.
    Love suzy A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Courtney, Steve, addie,lily and Bella,
    I have been thinking about you all so much. Am happy that Bella is doing well. You are an amazing family. We'll keep wishing the bestfor Bella and safe travels for the family as they visit you and Bella
    Love Lisa kelley and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney you and Bella have come a long way on this journey to good health. Remember to just take baby steps you might fall here and there but just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and before you know it you and Bella will be home!! It gets scary along the way but know that all of us are with you to hold your hand. Keep the Faith Becky

    ReplyDelete