Isabella and I got to go outside together today for the first time since October 13. It was amazing!!! I mean, we only walked three blocks to the Rite-Aid, but it was the best three block walk I have ever had. Who knew buying laundry detergent and deodorant would ever be so exciting!
My new problem with my darling Isabella, if you can call it a problem, is that she prefers to be within arms reach of me at all times. And I mean all times. She is a bit fussy today, probably a result of weaning off the narcotics, and she refuses to have me even across the room from her. PT came to work with her, and she pitched a fit when they came near her or even when I faced her away from me on my lap so they could work with her. So I turned her around to face me and she wouldn't stop kissing me as I tried to talk to them. I am a bit worried about what is going to happen when she has to share me with her sisters this weekend, not to mention when we go home and have to get back to a bit more normal life. We may have to medicate her! Either that or she will be so sick of me by then that she will run to Reney with open arms. I have to say, it isn't the worst thing in the world to be so loved and worshipped like I am now. Making someone happy just by existing is a pretty good feeling.
I have been doing a couple of hours of learning each day this week. The transplant nurse is teaching me all about Bella's future care. Some of it is a bit overwhelming, but I know we can handle it. The meds are a bit insane right now, as she takes about 8 different meds 3-4 times every day, but hopefully we will be able to discontinue some of them very soon. Overall her future care involves a lot of observation of her health and being on the lookout for signs of rejection. I am still confident that the trade-off for the CPS was a good one, but the cure will involve a great deal of work on our part and hers for the rest of her life. Just seeing how well she is doing at the moment gives me a great deal of hope that she will continue to have minimal complications as she gets older. Only time will tell...
We are trying pigtails today, as Isabella's hair is simply out of control. Thoughts?

Clearly, the pigtails are the best choice. I was getting worried that the "gaps" between her curls would require a weekly visit to the salon for a permanent with Grammy Conant. She is so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Katie
OMG and I do mean OMG. She is so darn cute I can't even stand it. I now have yet another new screen saver! Thank you Courtney :)
ReplyDeletePS My arms will ALWAYS be wide open to Bella (and her sisters as well <3 <3)
Luv, Reney
I think Bella is even more beautiful with pigtails! Not that my opinion matters, but just sayin'!!
ReplyDeleteI love the pigtails! So glad all is going well! Many WarmThoughts - J's mom
ReplyDeleteShe looks beautiful. Have a great time with your sisters Bella and Courtney enjoy some well needed family time.
ReplyDeleteI love the pigtails. And I love her pjs, too. Can't wait to give her a hug when you guys get back! -Jen
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable pigtails! We are amazed how well things are progressing for Miss Isabella. So proud of you all. Bella looks so healthy you would never know what she has been through. We know where Bella gets her strength....you are all amazing. Love to all. Aunt Jo and Uncle Kim
ReplyDeleteSo Stinkin' Cute is all I can say - We are thrilled to see all of the amazing updates..... We are sending all of our love to you all - enjoy the WHOLE crew over the next several days - Addie and Lily will be so excited to see how far Bella has come since they saw her two weeks ago
ReplyDeleteXO
James, Maeve, Elsie Mae and Liza