Isabella had a fantastic day today! She woke up with a smile, and continued to smile and play all day. She showed interest in some of her toys, and didn't burst into tears at every little thing. She smiled at other people, and even laughed when I played with her. My heart was ready to burst I was so happy! She has been off steroids for about 3 days now, and I have to think that is helping with her mood. She just seemed more comfortable in her own skin, and she didn't act like she hated my guts. I would love for her to have a few more days like this!
My friend from home, Liz, came to visit today. Her parents live about an hour from Pittsburgh, and she and her mom came to have dinner with us before they picked up her dad at the airport. We had a nice dinner, then watched the first quarter of the Patriots/Steelers game on the jumbo screen here at the hospital. It was wonderful to see someone from home, and Liz is so sweet. I only have to go three days this week on my own, as Dad and Julie get here Thursday afternoon. Then I have a week and a half with family here because Steve and the girls, Mom, and my sisters are all coming for Thanksgiving. I am so excited!
Today was rainy and miserable, so we didn't get outside. Bella and I do need to hit the grocery store, though, so we are hoping for a bit more sun tomorrow. I have decided to stop buying baby/toddler food for Bella, because she always ends up eating my lunch or dinner anyway. I have to figure out which softer grown up foods to stock up on for her! Is it sad that I am planning a whole day around one quick trip to the grocery store? What in God's name am I going to do when I come home and have to participate in running a household, raising 3 kids, and working?
No comments:
Post a Comment