So many of the people that we love dearest are at the Calcutta for Bella right at this moment. I am so sad that we can't be there with them. And, no, it is not just because they are drinking and I am not. I just skyped the party, and it blew my mind to see everyone who was there. People from every corner of our lives: family, rugby, Fairfax, Fletcher, school, Essex, high school, and more. Plus wonderful people that I have never even met, but whose lives have been touched by my amazing and beautiful daughter. And people who drove for hours just to be there: John and Adam, thank you. This truly goes to show how loved Bella is, and how she has touched the lives of so many people. She is such an inspiring little girl who has been through so much over the past 16 months, more than most of us have to go through in a lifetime. Steve, Adeline, Lily and I are so lucky to have her in our family, and we are so blessed by her smile every day (even on these days when the smiles are so few and far between). She will forever be an inspiration to us, and we will hopefully look back on this time as a challenging time, but one that is a distant memory. Though the transplant and associated events have been trying for us as a family, we know that Isabella will now be able to lead a happy, healthy, and much more enjoyable life because of it. She will be able to grow old, and eat bacon and peanut butter (not necessarily together).
Thank you again to all of you who have supported us in so many ways during this journey. No matter what form your support is given, it is appreciated more than you will ever know. The funds that we are raising from this calcutta will be able to support Bella's care not just in the present, but hopefully they will be able to help with her medical costs as she grows up. She will always need to be followed here in Pittsburgh, and it will be so much easier for her and our family thanks to YOU.
Although Isabella did fall asleep during her Skype broadcast to the calcutta, she was excited to see you all there. I guess two rounds of physical therapy today was a bit much for her! She didn't even wake up when we moved her to her bed! I was able to watch the party for a bit over the computer after they switched me off the big screen, and it amazed me to see the people who were there. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. I know I have said this before, but we will never be able to thank you all enough for everything that you have done for our family during this time. I can't wait to bring my little girl home and see you all in person. I have a lot of hugs stored up!
You guys get prime rib and all I get is a lame-o pickle. Oh, well, I LOVE pickles!
This is Bella watching the Calcutta. She was really excited, I swear!
Dear Courtney,
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed seeing you and Bella. The place was packed and everyone had a great time. Our prayers are still with you and Bella.
Love You,
Aunt Brenda and Uncle Dave
There were a great group of people at the Calcutta. Michael and I arrived late because of the basketball game. We didn't arrive until after 7. We entered through the front door just as you were Skyping. We got to see you for just a little bit. We arrived late and dinner was over by that time so we left via the back door and went to Wendy's for dinner. I am telling you romance is blooming in the Maher Household. There is nothing like looking deep in to the love of your life's eyes over a burger and fries fully illuminated with fluorecent lights. When we returned the mood in the VFW was charged. People were definitly excited for the start of the Calcutta. I saw three ladies there that raised me as a nurse, Joyce, Donna and Judy. I love how life has so my crossroads where lives meet. It was so nice to see some of the rugby regulars. Anyway the evening was a rousing success, but you will get much more detail from those in the know. Hope Bella had a good night sleep. Mieneke
ReplyDeleteHi Honey-
ReplyDeleteThe Calcutta was truly a celebration and a gathering of wonderful people! We had a great time. It was great to see you on Skype, and it is clear that our little Bella is facing amazing hurdles every single day. We all feel so helpless-tipping a few and laughing together on her behalf was the least we could do. One of the uncles paid BIG BUCKS for a gallon of Fletcher syrup just like the one he had in his refig, and he laughed all the way to the bank! Amazingly generous people-everywhere. We will do anything to support you all on this journey, and we only wish we could do more.
Great fun with the big girls at Willy Wanka today! They loved it! It was beautiful day today. Before we went, we had plenty of time for a picnic and to play in the brook in the sunshine. It doesn't get better! We love you....HUGS!
ML
Bacon and peanut butter are delicious together.
ReplyDeleteStacey