Sunday, December 12, 2010

This is a pretty momentous day so far.  As of right now, Isabella has not used her g-tube for any of her feedings.  She is eating TONS of solid foods by mouth, and drinking her formula that way, too.  Granted, she prefers drinking by having me squirt formula into her mouth through a syringe (okay, she's a bit odd), but she will drink from a cup when I help her, too.  This is big because she has needed her tube for almost every formula feeding since last February.  Oh, and Julie brought tiramisu the other night, and Bella doesn't seem content unless she ends two out of every three meals with a slice.  And, yes, she eats more of it than I do!
So the plan at this point remains going to Pittsburgh on Wednesday.  Bella's LFTs haven't gotten dramatically worse, but they are no better either.  I am still having a hard time facing the reality of leaving again, and I don't quite understand why she needs to be down there if she is not going to be inpatient.  I am going to speak with her surgeon on Monday to figure out a reasonable plan that is best for Bella, but also takes our family needs into consideration.  Obviously if he were to tell me that her health would be at risk if we didn't go down there, we would be on the first flight out.  But if we are going down just to go to clinic and then wait at the Ronald McDonald House, then I am hoping there is a reasonable alternative.  Just watching Isabella light up when her sister's enter the room tells me how she is healing here at home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is just so sweet. No g-tube, you guys home, big surprise. Wonderful.

    I hope the dogz haven't bothered your homecoming. They really wanted to play in the snow...

    ReplyDelete