Friday, December 24, 2010

Even though Steve and I have been trying to get Bella to lighten up on the weightlifting, she apparently hasn't been listening.  The bench and weight set we got her as an early Christmas gift must have been just too tempting, and now she has gone and given herself a bit of a hernia.  Or at least that's how I think she got it.  Maybe we were pushing the recovery plan a bit too much.
Seriously, though, we did spend the morning shuttling down to the doctor's and back so we could determine that it probably is a hernia and not an infection at her incision site.  Funny when you are relieved at a diagnosis of a hernia in your 17 month old daughter.  At least we didn't have to make this trip tomorrow morning instead of today.  Maybe if the little stinker would stop screaming her head off every time we try to change her diaper, she would stop straining so much!
Well the presents are wrapped (mostly), and the liquor cabinet is stocked.  We are officially ready for Christmas day!  Steve and Addie went skiing this morning, and Lily got to play in the snow with Magnus.  It has been a good Christmas Eve so far, and I am really looking forward to the church service and MaryLynn's party tonight.  If we go to church before the party, can we get prior approval for our future sins?
I wish everyone the happiest of days tomorrow, and a wonderful end to 2010 (it's about time!).  Enjoy your family and friends tomorrow, and revel in the love that is what Christmas is truly all about.  We are so happy to be home with our family for Christmas this year, and thank you all for everything you have done to help make this possible!

2 comments:

  1. Have a blessed and joyous Christmas at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I truly hope you all have a magical day!

    ReplyDelete