Mema (Nancy) is on her way! Unfortunately she is in "lake effect snow squalls" south of Erie, so she is a bit delayed. Don't tell her, but Bella and I are going to sneak over to her hotel and surprise her when she gets here. She thinks she won't see us til the morning, but she doesn't realize that I am not about to let her spend more than 5 minutes within city limits without seeing us. Shh! Let's hope she can't get web access from her car!
Bella spent the day in the hospital room, as we hoped to see some of her OT, PT or Speech therapists, but we didn't see any of them. She had a better day today, though her numbers are stubbornly remaining where they have for the past few days. They are not extremely high, but her docs have put her on a different "helper" med. The hope is that this one will work well for her, and will eliminate the need for the irritating steroids. She is actually off i.v. meds for the first time in a few weeks, which is great. She was tied to an i.v. for about four hours this morning, and it got old fast. Hopefully we can keep her trending down with oral meds so we can get the heck out of Dodge.
Well, that's it for tonight. We had a pretty boring day overall, so I don't have much to share. I am sure we will have lots of stories tomorrow after spending the day with Mema!
Boring is good.
ReplyDeleteI second that...boring is definitely good!
ReplyDeleteNow that I have had the pleasure of getting to know Mema a little bit, there is one thing I know...you won't be bored. She is a lot of fun. The three of you will have fun together no matter where you are.
ReplyDeleteHey, the Christmas dresses can come home in "Snow White". I know your girls will love that. They spent a good part of their day trying Emily's old dresses and dance costumes. Lily was still wearing a cute leotard when Stevie picked her up (Addie was wearing her nightie). I just love snow days!
The gingerbread house kit made it back to Vermont with very few cracks. No small feat given the way baggage handlers toss suitcases around. Emily was able to hot glue the pieces together. A little trick we learned from people who build those elaborate gingerbread houses. Lily was wearing as much frosting as her house. Addie's house faced quite a powdered sugar blizzard. Quite appropriate for a snow day.
Anywho! You and Bella have a wonderful time with Nancy.
Luv, Reney
Hi Courtney,
ReplyDeleteI'm still checking in and thinking of you often. Fletcher/Fairfax got an official sh*% load of snow yesterday. Yowza!
I'm doing my best to send you strength.
Nancy Roberts