Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Selection #1

Today I brought the girls for a walk down to Shadyside to find them some new underwear.  I know, pretty exciting, huh?  On our way down there Bella's coordinator called to let us know that her biopsy showed some rejection (no surprise to me, I knew something was up).  After a quick detour to pick up some underwear, here we are back on 7B, where Bella has been admitted. 
When I say we, I mean all four of us.  Somehow Addie, Lily, Bella and I are all going to sleep in this room tonight.  Shh, don't tell hospital administration.  The going to sleep process, where we are right now, is a teensy bit aggravating, as everyone is a bit overtired.  Once we fall asleep, I am sure that the hourly meds and vitals checks won't bother us at all (can you sense sarcasm on a blog?).  I kind of refuse to leave Bella overnight, though, so this is the only option tonight.  Thank goodness we have a wonderfully accommodating nurse. 
The good news is that Reney and Jensen arrive tomorrow morning, and they will be able to help with the girls.  Bella must have known that sleeping arrangements were going to be tight tomorrow night, and thought she would help out by freeing up two bed spaces in the apartment.  She is SO thoughtful.  Hopefully we will be able to wheedle some passes out of the docs this weekend so we can stroll around a bit with Jensen and Josie.  I feel bad that they will come all this way to spend the majority of their time in the hospital, but I am sure we can have fun anyway.  Any recommendations for sneaking wine into a hospital room?
Hopefully Isabella cleans up her act this one last time.  We were told that it might be just a couple more weeks, so she is probably just trying to get the most bang for her buck here in Pittsburgh.  Dr. Hussein said she has to be in each room on 7B before she goes home.  Well, we're halfway there.  Maybe they can move us to a different room every hour tomorrow and send us back to VT on Monday! 

4 comments:

  1. We're thinking of you! Hang in there!
    Alison & Ransom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - such a roller coaster ride. Hoping they can get you out of there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Courtney,
    Is this roller coaster of little rejections a regular happening in this kind of transplant? You are still in our prayers. Sounds like the POLAR EXPRESS trip was a wonderful experience for the girls. You are doing so much to assure Lily and Addie that they are not forgotten. Gos Bless you in this time of need and may your holiday be wonderful.
    Love
    Aut Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Honey-
    By now the supports have arrived and you have backup. You've got to love the craziness and the chaos- I love your just slightly sarcastic attempt at humor!! But just hang on, you are all going to be fine! The Bella-saga continues in wild and wonderful ways. Tonight we're wanting to praying for the doctors who keep moving her forward-that they don't miss one single trick- and we pray that you can just keep smiling, my dear!!

    Hugs to the little girls and our two babies tonight- Bella has had so many hugs in the last two weeks that she is bursting, I'll bet. This has been quite a ride! Can't wait to see the girls!
    Love you-
    ML

    ReplyDelete