We made it to Pittsburgh in one piece, and the flights went very smoothly. Bella has been in a great mood for the past couple of days (finally), which made travelling much easier.
So we arrived at the Ronald McDonald House, and checked into a room that was essentially trashed by the former occupants. The bathroom door was off its hinges, there was a hole punched through the living room closet door, holes where there used to be a towel rack in the bathroom, and a hole in the wall behind the entryway door. The wonderful maintenance man was just finishing up patching the holes when we checked in, so the room is fine for the most part now. What I want to know is who does that? This place has been so wonderful for us and so many other families. They give you a beautiful apartment to stay in that is attached to the hospital, and the most they ask is $15 per night. There is free laundry, frequent free meals, computers to use, a common living room, and so much more. Yet it sounds like so many of their guests don't have the common decency to treat their space with respect. It makes me ill. I will never understand what would bring someone to do that. As I sit here looking out our 11th floor window with a gorgeous view of downtown Pittsburgh, I appreciate every inch of this place!
You continue to be an awesome Family. I don't have any words to describe how much we admire all
ReplyDeleteof you. Yes, I found one word that describes your Family....LOVE. Our best wishes to all of you for a less stressful year. Jeannie & Wayne