Monday, January 10, 2011

See what happens when I get too cocky?  I was bragging about how well Bella did in Pittsburgh, and how good her labs looked, and then her CMV levels came back way too high.  This meant going to FAHC twice a day for i.v. meds for the weekend, which essentially ruined our weekend.  Overall it hasn't been the worst thing in the world, as Bella feels fine, but it was a royal pain in the butt.  As Stevie says, it's always something!  We are set up to do the i.v. meds at home for the rest of the cycle, so things will get back to "normal" today.
The really awesome news is that Bella took her first steps on Saturday.  For food, of course!  I thought she might do one or two toddles, but she took about six little steps to get to me (and the goldfish in my hand).  She really seems to have turned a corner, and is acting more and more like our happy little Bella.  She has been so smiley and active for the past few days, and we are all thrilled.  She is cruising everywhere, crawling up the stairs (supervised, of course), babbling, and more.  She is even sitting down from a standing position, which is something that she has struggled to figure out.  I think we are in a lot of trouble now, but it makes me so happy to see her making these leaps and bounds.  I guess we'd better childproof everything from 3 feet up!

8 comments:

  1. better sign her up for a marathon!
    xo, Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do remember that they only walk for about 3 days and then they RUN, right?!?!?
    I can't imagine the roller coaster ride this weekend (PLUS) has been for you and Steve emotions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you all! Well I'm glad to hear that Bella will now be running over the next hill in her way. Good end to a crazy new year start.
    The Dewyeas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Steps! A whole new level of trouble to get into...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know it was so Great to see you and Bella on Sat at school :) she looks great so excited to see her walking YAY!!!
    as for you I don't know how you do it but even with all the stress you have been through you look amazing !!! Keep up the Great work :) your such a great Mom Hugs from Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, is everything okay? Been a while since we've seen an update...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is happening now??? You are in VT! HOw is Bella???? Have not heard from you in this blog for SOOOOOO LOOOOONNNNGGGG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss your blogs
    How is Bella doing?
    Are you still in VT?

    ReplyDelete